Saturday, June 25, 2005

Some New Stuff

I finally got the bracelet that Marie has been bugging me for since Christmas. I had given it to her over 3 months ago but the stupid 11 dollar clasp that I bought for the damn thing wouldn't stay fastened. At all. So I had to cut it out and replace with another 10 dollar clasp. This one is much better. Marie (My Louis Vuitton Friend) loves it and says that it looks JUST like one she saw in Tiffany's. Hmmp! Who new I was such a trendy and stylish jeweler. Regardless, this is the third one of these that I've made and I'm pretty done with them. They aren't difficult, just a little tedious and time consuming.
Mesh Bracelet
I wish the color looked a little more like sterling... as it is it kind of looks like tarnished silver. The last little thing that I wanted to post about was my Kool-Aid yarn dying experiment. I got a wool sweater from SalVal and unraveled it, tied it into hanks and tried out the tying with my newly fixed microwave.
KoolAid Yarn
I like the blue green piece the best, but of course that is the smallest hank. At least I know what colors I like now and I can do a larger batch of that if I get an itch to die something again. The yarn smells a little vinegary now but I'm planning on knitting it up and felting it so that should be taken care of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home