Monday, June 20, 2005

Monday, Monday la la, la la la la...

The weekend was eventful. Lot's o drinkin' less o sleepin' I did successfully manage to unravel my first Goodwill sweater for recycling the yarn. Here it is drying in my bathtub.
Ramen Noodle Yarn
I measured it all into hanks and ended up with just a little under 400 yards. Which dumbfounded me cause I couldn't for the life of me figure out how the long sleeve turtleneck that I ripped up was made out of just 400 yards of yarn. Plus I wouldn't be able to finish the cardigan I wanted to make from the cover of the current issue of knit.1. Of course a few days later I sat down on my futon and hidden from the muffins was a partially unraveled sleeve and a whole pile of unravel, unwashed, unmeasured yarn. I am going to try and clean that stuff up soon...
I also wanted to post a pic of my first completed sweater which I finished about a month ago when my recent knitting kick first appeared. It's the minisweater from
Glampyre.com:Boobholder
I'm pretty proud of it but I haven't worn it yet. It really is a bit too big for me. I think I increased a bit to much around row 21. I ended up making it a kind of double-breasted deal, but the waist is still a little loose in real life. I used Mode Dea Cache yarn which does contain a good deal of wool so I think I will try to block it and see if I can get it to work any better for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home